About this blog...

On this blog you will find the rambling thoughts and images a boy like me finds on the web. It is responses to my dilemma and experience. It's not rude or crude or stereotypical. Just me, just trying to be free, just learning to be myself...

Monday, August 9, 2010

When I Was Young

When I was young I used to stand, 
beside a man and hold his hand. 
I used to feel so safe you see. 
With him beside, my heart set free. 
But slowly, as I, did start, to grow, 
the man, I did, then get, to know. 
A shallow man with no esteem, 
no pity in his eyes that gleamed. 
A vicious man who loved to beat, 
he lived his life, drunk in retreat. 
I dropped his hand and edged away. 
I knew that I could never stay. 
I left him stand upon his own, 
as I did venture out alone. 
I found my way to this new nest, 
a mortal wound inside my breast. 
I found new hands all warm with love, 
and decided time to rise above. 
I now live life as best I can, 
to grow into a better man.

4 comments:

  1. Again a marvellous deep touching moving poem from you, sweetest man!

    A request: please, can you remove the music that automatically begin to sound? it's not beautiful and it's disturbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual a great poem. I'm addicted to your poems and your blog, dearest Markus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcus awesome thought dude, I gotta agree with ya
    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment, even anonymous users. However, ALL comments are subject to moderation and need to be approved. Please note, this is not an R18 blog.